Filing your taxes is essential because the federal government uses your adjusted net family income reported on your tax returns to determine your eligibility for the Canada Disability Saving Bond program and to determine the rate of matching Canada Disability Saving Grant contributions.
If you are a parent opening an RDSP for your child, then it is also important that you apply for the Canada Child Tax Benefit, no matter what your income may be, because the federal government uses this application to calculate your family income. If you don’t apply for it, government may assume that you are in a high income tax bracket.
Go to: Step 3 – Choose Your Holder
- Deanna on Carry Forward of Grant and Bond Implemented
- Jane Majer on Account Holders and Representation Agreements
- Carol Stinson on Where to open an RDSP
- Carol Stinson on Carry Forward of Grant and Bond Implemented
- myles on Delays in the Payment of Grant or Bond?