Simply put, to be eligible to open an RDSP, a person must meet the following four criteria:
- Qualify for the Disability Tax Credit – also known as the Disability Amount for tax purposes
- Be under the age of 60 – the RDSP must be opened before December 31st of the year in which the person turns 59
- Be a resident of Canada (currently living in Canada)
- Have a valid Social Insurance Number
Would you like to open an RDSP but aren’t sure if you qualify for the Disability Tax Credit? Click here to Contact us and find out!
- Deanna on Carry Forward of Grant and Bond Implemented
- Jane Majer on Account Holders and Representation Agreements
- Carol Stinson on Where to open an RDSP
- Carol Stinson on Carry Forward of Grant and Bond Implemented
- myles on Delays in the Payment of Grant or Bond?